Project Lead, Sustainability
Full-time perm contract
We are working with an Employer who is an innovative, multipurpose business with multi-faceted business interests across Ireland and UK. An award-winning organisation at national and international level this business is well known, respected and a strong successful brand in their market of operation. 3D Personnel are assisting this business in their search for the perfect candidate for a Project Lead Role (Sustainability) for a specific section of their business. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to progress and develop within one of Ireland’s leading multi discipline organisations.
Reporting to the Group Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and driving the group’s Sustainability strategy, working closely with the Business Units management teams.
- Help the leadership team to define and implement the Sustainability and Environmental Strategy
- Drive the sustainability agenda throughout the Group.
- Work with our leaders to establish sustainability strategy, goals, and governance.
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders in relation to Sustainability activities, encouraging behavioural change throughout the business.
- Carbon Management - establish and assure data sources, collate, calculate, and analyse carbon footprint, identifying areas of improvement and making recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate group activities in relation to programmes to encourage, monitor, and review site specific initiatives.
- Facilitate sites teams in the execution of sustainability initiatives for carbon neutrality, water stewardship & energy conservation.
- Monitor and report on use of resources.
- Engage with our purchasing teams to set sustainability objectives with our suppliers.
- Train or organise training for staff at all levels on Sustainability, responsibilities and issues arising.
- Evaluate main capital projects in terms of sustainability and environmental impact.
- Set up a reporting dashboard based on industry best practice, and report periodically to internal and external stakeholders on progress.
- Translate the technical topics into laypersons language and articulate the value of sustainability.
- Perform horizon scanning against Sustainability rules and regulations; determine which are relevant to the firm and perform gap analysis to drive action and accountability.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant qualification (3rd level qualification in a technical/energy/science related discipline with a focus on sustainability), with a minimum of 3 years’ experience driving sustainability issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff & stakeholders.
- Drive for achieving a high standard of work.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to work on their own initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft package
- Flexibility in working duties and areas of work.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
Our team has many decades of recruitment experience and we provide our clients with a comprehensive service to supply and manage their workforce needs.
Currently we have offices across Ireland and U.K.
It is 3D Personnel’s policy to work closely with both our clients and candidates in order to build strong, mutually beneficial and lasting relationships.
For a full list of jobs, we currently have available please visit https://www.3dpersonnel.com/jobs/
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.