Vacancy: Mechanical Project Quantity Surveyor
3D Personnel’s client are presently seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Quantity Surveyor to be based in the Limerick/Munster region on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity, working with one of the largest specialist Mechanical & Electrical construction companies in the Limerick/Munster region.
The role of Mechanical Project Quantity Surveyor will have you estimating of Sundry Tender projects in the region, provide assistance to the Estimating Department on larger Mechanical Tenders. Working as part of the project team to commercial manage all successful tenders from Estimating Handover stage to final account. Management of 3D Personnel client’s Accounts and all sub-contractor Accounts. Compiling and submitting all change orders, holding monthly commercial meetings with Client and ensuring a successful commercial conclusion to each project.
Mechanical Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities
- Skilled at budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Working for 3D Personnel’s client, the Mechanical Project Quantity Surveyor will have the ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- 3rd level Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering/ Building Services Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 4-6 years of Quantity surveying / Mechanical Engineering experience essential.
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and Quantity Surveyor role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installation
- A positive “can do” approach determined to succeed generates a sense of energy and urgency
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
- Remains calm under pressure
- An exemplar for the company values
- Sound, balanced judgment
- Demanding of self and others
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to personal improvement