Vacancy: Mechanical Project Engineer
Salary: Open to Negotiations
The project engineer will be responsible for engineering duties on single or multiple projects, reporting directly to the project manager.
3D Personnel’s Client is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of ‘blue chip’ companies.
Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, they have become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. 3D Personnel client’s culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
In conjunction with project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
• Design reviews, validate equipment, pipe and duct sizes
• Develop technical submittals, equipment registers and trackers
• Quality control on site walking down systems to ensure compliance with specifications
• Manage development of O&M’s and verify accuracy of as-built documentation.
• Develop and manage execution of commissioning test scripts.
• Complete technical reviews and assessments of tenders, RFQ returns and equipment.
• Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineering Degree or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
• Significant Project engineering experience of 5 years+ with a mechanical contractor
• Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
• Commercial Awareness
• Capability of walking down mechanical systems to ensure compliance with specification
• Mechanical process piping experience would be an advantage.
• Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
• Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
• The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
• Computer Literacy
• Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
• Excellent record keeper and administration skills
• Drives for results
• Leads and influences others.
• Identifies and achieves commercial value.
• Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
• Plans and effectively manages projects.
• Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
• Process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
• Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates