Our client is a contractor specialising in water and wastewater treatment across the UK and Ireland as part of regional frameworks. They are part of a multinational engineering group with a turnover north of £1 billion and they are expanding their operations in the London area at the moment.
They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for water and wastewater treatment plant upgrades as part of the framework they are working on for HS2. Projects are worth over £80m and will be delivered over the next 3/4 years.
- Preparing, producing and modifying design schemes and field service solutions for water and wastewater treatment projects.
- Preparing calculations, specifications and detailed drawings, as directed.
- Working effectively across Engineering teams to verify design solutions with data, analysis and testing.
- Working on MEICA designs for these upgrades on water and wastewater treatment plant upgrades
- Collaborating with the site implementation team and sub-contractors to ensure the project runs smoothly
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or relevant HNC qualification or design qualification
- Chartered or Incorporated status
- Experience in water industry and MEICA exposure
- Design, implementation, procurement and planning knowledge
- Ability to deal with design issues and troubleshoot problems independently and collaboratively
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work on a prestigious project with excellent career development opportunities with this fast growing contractor.