Vacancy: Materials/Logistics Manager
3D Personnel’s client is one of Europe’s leading specialist Mechanical & Electrical contractors whom specialise in a number of specialist sectors including data centres, pharmaceutical, life science, industrial, power generation & commercial. Due to continued success and growth 3D Personnel’s client now looking to appoint an experienced Materials/Logistics Manager (ideally electrically biased) to support the Business in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering and construction projects and to support the project team from the earliest stages of the project.
As the Materials / Logistics Manager you will define and coordinate all available storage areas on site, both within the building and outside of the building up to the hoarding line. Storage space is to be allocated according to the project priorities as advised and agreed with the Contractor/Client. The booking and delivery of materials must at all times be subject to the storage space available and will be a primary function of the Materials / Logistics Manager.
Materials / Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
- Define and coordinate all available storage areas on site.
- Allocate Storage Space according to the project priorities.
- Booking and Coordination of delivery of materials.
- Liaise with the Sub Contractors and Security Personnel to ensure effective deliveries.
- Coordinate with Sub Contractors to ensure awareness of holding area locations and develop an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times to site.
- Maintain awareness of spare capacity of the plant on site and coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant.
- Assist the Project Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting.
- As the Materials / Logistics Manager you will liaise closely with security personnel to ensure effective deliveries. The Materials / Logistics Manager will be a key link between the Security Operatives at the site perimeter and the traffic and material movements within the site boundaries.
- You will be tasked with devising an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times while working closely with the Subcontractor
- The Materials / Logistics Manager will be aware of the spare capacity of the plant on site and will coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant while liaising with the Appointed Person/Crane Coordinator, the Logistics Manager and the Contractor.
- You will assist the Project Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting. Delivery, vertical transportation and storage actions taken from this meeting will be the responsibility of the Materials / Logistics Manager
- 3rd level qualification in an engineering or construction related field is desirable
- Ideally you will possess experience in a similar role, or some site experience
- The Materials / Logistics Manager will ideally possess / come from an Electrical background
- Strong, proven leadership skills and experience of managing substantial, interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities, construction technologies and jobsite management
- Experience with managing and influencing large teams, including craft in the field
- In depth practical knowledge and experience with scope definition, resource loaded schedules, progress and performance curves, earned value and metrics.
- Proven track record of delivering substantial construction programmes
- Technical familiarity throughout the delivery project lifecycle