Job Title: Managing Quantity Surveyor
Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 plus Benefits
Our client is a leading Main Contractor with an enviable reputation for delivering major construction projects across the UK. Commencing works on a new £100m new build HMO, they require a dynamic and flexible Managing Quantity Surveyor to take a pivotal role in managing the commercial and contractual aspects of the scheme.
About the role
This position demands a conscientious individual from a contracting background, who must demonstrate strong commercial skills and business acumen.
The MQS will have:
- Proven commercial track record and experience of managing a team of surveyors in a main contracting environment.
- Multi sector experience (ideally Housing, Education, Industrial, Health, – Private sector and Public sector)
- Solid JCT suite of contracts experience.
- Strong Cash management experience along with High level of knowledge of Construction act payment timetable / payment certs.
- Ability to review in detail contracts, orders and payments in a timely manner.
- Experience of detailed CVR reporting and taking an active and questioning role in project reviews
- Ability to set tasks and ensure compliance within team
- Ability to drive through Value Engineering to improve bottom line whilst adhering to Employers requirements.
- Experience of pre-construction cost management and pricing.
- Main Contractor Background -Stable work history with sustained periods at previous Employers
- New Build / New build / refurb experience
- Technically knowledgeable on most general construction methods, including modern methods of construction, steel frame, concrete frame, timber frame etc.
- Ability to report effectively Internally & Externally (knowledge of evision or similar an advantage)
- High level of experience of managing timely procurement process on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to galvanise and bring together teams whether commercial or operational and ensure the Team ethos is promoted at all times.
- High level of ambition and drive yet fully grounded to carry out MQS role in detail to build and improve team and develop succession planning over a number of years.
For more information please contact a member of the 3D Personnel team on 020 7 183 3030.