Vacancy: Major Civil Works Planner
Salary: €75K - €85K + package
3D Personnel’s client, one of Ireland’s leading civil engineering main contractors, is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Major Civil Works Planner to be based in the Connacht area.
The successful candidate will have at least 8 years consecutive experience working on civil projects within a main contractor.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly experienced senior Planner to join a team of planners working on some of Ireland’s premier projects.
- Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
- Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
- Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
- Manage and control programme information
- Identify and allocate of resources and monitoring of budget and cost
- Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
- Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
- Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
- Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
- Preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverables requirement.
- Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
- Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
- Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
- Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
- Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
- Working on tenders in regards to producing programmes for same.
- 8 + years planning experience on civil projects within main contractor
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of commonly used forms of construction contracts
- Awareness of performance measurement techniques
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software including MS Project, Asta PowerProject and Primavera P6
- Strong Problem solving
- Work as part of a team and individually
- A Site Management background is beneficial