Maintenance Fitter, Ref. VAC-12518
FT Perm Contract
Salary Neg. DOE, circa €35-45k
Our client, a leading manufacturer, headquartered in Co. Donegal in close proximity to Donegal town are a family managed business that is highly successful and are now in a position to hire a Maintenance Fitter to lead and join their team.
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Director and will lead the maintenance team with overall responsibility for plant maintenance and ensuring downtime is minimised.
The successful candidate will be expected to diagnose faults & improve overall preventative maintenance on all machinery. They will have full responsibility of routine maintenance and servicing of plant equipment and machinery in an efficient and safety driven manner.
Key Functions: (include but may not be limited to)
• Routine maintenance and servicing of plant equipment and machinery;
• Development and implementation of plant wide preventative maintenance programme;
• Diagnosing Breakdowns;
• Sourcing, ordering and installing parts on machinery and equipment;
• Scheduling periodic testing of safety equipment and maintaining records of same;
• Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting;
• Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, cutting and shaping, PLC-controlled equipment, also pneumatic control systems and conveying systems;
• Confirming that all safety features on equipment are maintained and operational;
• Ensure that Preventative Maintenance is carried out and documented;
• All spare parts stocks for equipment are accurate and up to date;
• Support Production Team during manufacturing run;
• Closely monitor machine performance;
• To work off your own initiative when a fault is detected and resolve the issue immediately.
You will hold a Leaving Certificate and will have Time Served Trade experience in a mechanical discipline with 3 Years minimum plant fitting experience within a relevant industry;
Welding skills are essential;
Excellent trouble-shooting skills required and sound knowledge of production environment;
Solution orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
Full driving Licence is essential;
Electrical maintenance experience desirable.
This role will suit a team player with well-developed interpersonal skills, someone who is a results oriented professional who thrives in a high workload position.
You should be well organised and a detail oriented professional.
What’s on offer?
Excellent negotiable package for the right person.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland/UK and only suitable applicants may be contacted.
Our team has many decades of recruitment experience and we provide our clients with a comprehensive service to supply and manage their workforce needs.
Currently we have offices across Ireland and U.K, to include Derry, Dublin, Cork, Galway, and London.
It is 3D Personnel’s policy to work closely with both our clients and candidates in order to build strong, mutually beneficial and lasting relationships.
For a full list of jobs we currently have available please visit https://www.3dpersonnel.com/jobs/
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.