Our client is a Tier 1 main contractor operating across various projects throughout the UK.
They are looking for a Logistics Manager to join them on a contract basis on a 5 storey build project in the Wimbledon area.
- Arrange the cost-effective and on-time delivery of goods and materials between suppliers, Factory and sites.
- Identify opportunities to improve transportation methods delivering efficiency, cost, quality and delivery benefits.
- Ensure that a high standard of safety is maintained and that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaise with internal/external customers, transport companies and suppliers to negotiate and set up contracts.
- Implement and manage stock control systems for all tools sent and returned from the site.
- Manage the timely replenishment of tool containers in accordance with the lists issued by operations.
- Co-ordinate the correct disposition of returned material with Stores and Production.
- Maintain and control transport supplier database
- Ensure the operating costs for Dispatch and the fleet of delivery vehicles are kept as low as possible.
- Degree in construction or equivalent qualification
- Previous build experience
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the UKs largest contractors.