Learning Design Team Leader
Full-Time Role – Permanent
Competitive Salary and package for right candidate.
Amazing Company with Amazing Co Culture
Our client is amongst the fastest growing eLearning companies in the UK and service hundreds of customers and millions learners globally throughout the private and public sectors. They create content and technology solutions that engage and empower using pioneering technology and creative content that they build, deliver and maintain.
This company is passionate about customer success and strive to deliver long lasting value and a great return on investment. In order to further augment their existing team of over 100 professionals and increase their customer offering they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Learning Design Team Leader for their site in Nottingham.
Working in a lively and busy content production team, you will undertake high-quality learning design work on multiple online and blended learning projects from start to finish – including catalogue and bespoke work. Confidently working with clients across a range of content types, subject areas and authoring tools, you will ensure the delivery of the best
possible learning solutions for their clients.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of learning design, scriptwriting and training needs analysis
- 1-2 years of leadership experience as a team lead or as a lead Learning Designer
- Able to delegate and allocate work and apply the right level of supervision
- Capable of providing honest feedback and offering guidance and support to less senior learning designers
- Capable of handling difficult conversations with other learning designers and members of the wider team
- Able to manage conflicting viewpoints to reach an outcome that can be backed up with good reasoning
- Able to apply coaching in the moment
- Capable of motivating team members
- Excellent listening and questioning skills to enable effective consultation with stakeholders and SMEs
- The ability to engage with complex, technical and unfamiliar subject matter
- Experience of working with a range of online learning build tools (for example, Adapt and Storyline)
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of adult learning theories and principles, learning technologies and media trends
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, working to tight deadlines
- Positive, professional and open-minded attitude towards colleagues, clients and ways of working.
- Willingness to travel including occasional overnight stays
- Line manage local learning designers taking responsibility for their development and managing their resources
- Carry out one-to-ones, set objectives and provide feedback for your direct reports
- Provide team updates to Learning Design Manager and act as a conduit for the team’s strategy
- Lead meetings with clients to consult on project goals, requirements and potential solutions
- Manage subject matter expertise/research content
- Create and maintain project documentation in line with client goals, requirements and budget, including design specifications, scripts, storyboards, video/audio scripts and more
- Brief other team members
- Provide regular updates to project managers
- Maintain regular client contact and take ownership for meeting project deadlines
- Take ownership for the quality of the learning design throughout production and in the finished product
- Work within a project’s budget, raising any commercial concerns to the Project Manager
- Build online learning using rapid tools where required
What’s on offer?
- The current team is filled with people who have a real passion for what they do.
- They have been listed on the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for two consecutive years and have received an Investors in People Gold accreditation, proving our commitment to their employees.
- The successful candidate can expect to take advantage of the great benefits and career opportunities including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous pension package
- Flexible and family-friendly working policies
- Childcare vouchers, tech scheme and much more
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.