Vacancy: Junior/Intermediate Health & Safety Officer
3DPersonnel’s client, large sized building main contractor, is currently seeking to recruit Junior/Intermediate Health & Safety officer to be based in Waterford.
The company offers a substantial career development process for all staff and they have a solid reputation for quality work and repeat business.
The successful candidate will be employed on a permanent basis with a view to undertake several different projects upon completion.
This is an excellent opportunity for a intermediate Health & Safety Officer to join a reputable main contractor and develop a career path in health and safety.
As Junior/Intermediate Health & Safety Advisor you will assist senior colleagues in the following:
- Establishing a working relationship, promoting and advising on H&S issues with the Client, Project Team and Contractors
- Ensuring incident reporting & investigation is carried out effectively and immediately to determine root cause and provide recommendations/directions aimed at preventing re-occurrence.
- Carrying out periodic inspections of the project to ensure compliance and where applicable make recommendations for change.
- Assistance with the review of contractor’s Method Statements & similar submissions
The ideal candidate will have:
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety
- Site experience ideally 2 years
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent presentation, communication & IT Skills essential
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties