Vacancy: Junior Quantity Surveyor (Site Based)
Location: County Kildare
Salary: Neg. Depending on experience
3D Personnel’s client is a tier 1 housebuilding company in Ireland. 3D Personnel’s client has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Jr Quantity Surveyors, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services for post-contract duties on a fast moving large residential development under construction. This role reports to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, and is site based. We require a motivated team player who is keen to learn, has a commercial acumen, and enjoys contributing to the successful delivery of projects.
With multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Leinster area they will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assisting the Senior QS to manage subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties.
- Experience of RC frame / apartment and residential building / commercial projects ideal, but not essential
- Assisting the Senior QS to assist with the preparation of monthly internal valuations and monthly cost reports
- Reporting on budgets and variations.
- Maintaining subcontractor and supplier contractual details
- Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- 3-5 yrs Post-Graduate experience with a PQS or Contractor.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency using Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.