Vacancy: Junior Quantity Surveyor
3D Personnel’s client is currently seeking to recruit a Junior Quantity Surveyor to be based in Cork.
The successful candidate will assist and support full scope of cost management services including pre and post contract cost planning, take off; measurement; procurement and contract administration.
Previous Main Contracting experience is a plus.
- Assist with the production of bill of quantities/estimates to provide client detailed budgets
- Supporting the procurement of subcontract packages, suppliers, vendors and consultants, including performing tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- Assisting the senior quantity surveyor with assessing cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Analyse drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- Provide commercial and contract support through the construction stage of the project
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explore variances, manage issues in conjunction with manager.
- Provide project controls support to align with the client’s needs and procedures.
Requirements for Junior Quantity Surveyor:
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Experience in residential builds would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Good analytical skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines and budgets