Vacancy: Junior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: €35K - €40K DOE + package
A Junior Quantity Surveyor is required to join 3D Personnel’s client a leading top tier main contractor who ranks among the top 5 building contractors operating nationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale for the most prestigious of clients. The successful Candidate will be mentored by a SR QS while working various contracts through-out the province. Projects will vary including commercial retail, commercial office and various types of residential projects.
The successful Junior Quantity Surveyor will be joining their Surveying team on a permanent basis and will have at least some experience preferably working for a developer or main contractor.
- Assist with or prepare monthly applications
- Working closely with Finance & Commercial in maximising profit on the contracts
- Reviewing weekly productivity of teams.
- Undertaking interim and final valuations for works complete
- To manage work in progress and ensuring debtors are kept to a minimum
- Ensuring all subcontractors are contractually tied in e.g. insurance details, retention, etc.
- Preparation of all sub contracts.
- Monitoring / scrutinising of weekly costs and productivities, and reporting on same
- Highlighting areas of concern / loss on any part of the contract
- Oversee all contractual issues
- 6 months + experience in a contracting environment
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- To be proficient in MS Office applications- Excel, MS project, Powerpoint