Jr CSA Estimator ( Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Healthcare and Technology sectors)
Location:- Dublin (with Hybrid working offered)
Salary: €40K-€45K + leading benefits package.
The CSA Junior Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of an accurate, detailed estimate from start to finish. He / She will prepare a Bill of Quantities using 2D drawings, and or BIM models, identifying at the outset which is most efficient for each project. He / She will engage with supply chain locally to obtain sub-contractor quotes / current market rates for incorporation into each tender. He / She will produce an accurate, fully priced bid including a BQ encapsulating all works required by the Employers Requirements as well as the current market rates at that point in time, for presentation to the Group CSA Estimation Manager. He / She will also complete the Client Pricing Document(s) for submission to the Client.
- Tender Document Control for each bid. Analyse drawings, specifications, tender addenda and all other documentation to ascertain what work elements need to be measured and priced for inclusion in the BoQ.
- File finalised documentation for future reference as per company filing structures.
Quantification of work:
- Be competent in Cost X estimation work practices for both 2D and 5D applications.
- Obtain quotation from the local market from vendors or subcontractors. Interrogating these quotations for scope gaps and variances and inputting correct figures into the bid.
- Liaise with construction team to obtain rates reflecting actual costs, and lessons learned from previous projects.
- Keep up to date with all tender addenda issued both pre-tender and post tender, and analyse all for change. Schedule these changes and apply rates for updated / revised tender bid submissions
- Competent in the use of Cost X and
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying (level 8)
- 1 - 2+ years' experience in Quantity Surveying/Estimating role
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
This role would suit an ambitious QS or Estimator seeking to progress their career in the Industrial / Pharma / Data Centre sector, working within a large pre-construction team from either a PQS or Contractor background.