Full time Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Director to work with one of Donegal’s most successful companies. This organisation is a progressive business that focuses on interdependent diversity within its portfolio, with a focus on continuously developing a circular economy within the group of companies.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will support the CEO in executing the strategic plan and the development of the company from a financial perspective and will be a key member of the senior management team.
You will have operational responsibility for the financial control, credit control, and regulatory reporting functions in the company. This will include on-going review and evaluation of the company’s financial controls, identifying internal or external variables that impact financial performance, anticipating potential future impacts, developing mitigation plans and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the company’s accounting and financial records. You will work closely with investors presenting accurate and timely information.
• Overall responsibility for the management of Finance, and Costing functions
• Oversee the reporting of financial information for every business area. Monitor financial performance by measuring and analysing results and initiating corrective actions.
• Present all financial information to the Senior Management team.
• Undertake annual budgeting and production of prior year and monthly reporting.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting standards and requirements
• Co-ordinate and facilitate the statutory annual audit with external auditors.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
• Develop performance measures that support strategic direction and assist in the monitoring and continuous improvement of every area of the company’s operations.
• Oversee the operation of the finance team establishing priorities, developing team members in reaching high standards of work and performance targets
• Continuously monitor, review and improve practices, policies, procedures, controls, operating and people processes and systems to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in every area of finance.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team and work cohesively with team members to achieve standards of excellence and performance requirements to achieve the company’s strategic objectives
What we are looking for.
Strong corporate finance experience dealing with large scale investments and managing funder expectations pre and post deal close where applicable.
Qualified Accountant with at least 10 years’ post-qualification experience in a head of finance role within a group environment.
Excellent skills and experience in financial planning and strategy, forecasting, reporting and presentation of financial information, budgeting, managing profitability, promoting process improvement, meeting regulatory requirements, preparation of monthly and statutory accounts.
Experience in dealing with investors, structuring deals, preparing projections and cash flows and familiarity working within a diversified group structure.
Significant experience in partnering with a CEO and a senior management team, and in supporting and enabling the senior management team to identify, develop, and implement transformative strategies and changes in their areas of operations to deliver on the goals and objectives of the organisation and to adapt quickly and successfully to opportunities, threats and challenges.
A high level of commercial awareness and strategic thinking skills are essential for the role.
A proven track record in strategic thinking, strategic business model development, commercial decision making and business case analysis, with a high level of written and oral communication skills is required.
Strong leadership skills and provide mentoring and coaching to peers, direct reports and new staff. They will also have the ability to foster, enable and motivate an effective, productive team, through ongoing, regular and open two-way communication with team members.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package and development opportunities within a nationally recognised company with exceptional professional growth potential.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.