Position: Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
This is a superb opportunity in one of Irelands major house builders. Quantity Surveyor required for major housebuilding/construction business.
House building company seeks experienced quantity surveyor with some experience of working across residential and other sector.
Required 2 years plus relevant post graduate sector experience
The QS will report to Senior management and provide expertisee in the areas of procurement, budget preparation, estimates, progress reports, managing subcontractor accounts and preparing final accounts.
- Liaising with Construction Directors /Contracts Manager
- Liaising with Sub-Contractors on a regular and scheduled basis
- Pricing and apprasing site works and developments
- Measuring works completed /site works on a range of projects
- Monitoring and querying of variations
- Cost monitoring and measures
- Purchasing and monitoring Sub-Contractors packages on site;
- Processing fortnightly/monthly Sub-Contractor payment certificates;
- Compiling variations and the variation log.
- Cost plans set up and management
- Reviewing costs budgets, tracking budgets and variance analysis on construction projects weekly and monthly
- Dealing with bank project monitors and reporting
- Systems set up and good excel expertise needed
- Involvement in setting up Sage Construct system
- Good interpersonal skills and commercial sense important