Health & Safety Specialist
Full-time perm contract
We are working with an Employer who is an innovative, multipurpose business with multifaceted business interests across Ireland and UK. An award-winning organisation at national and international level this business is well known, respected and a strong successful brand in their market of operation. 3D Personnel are assisting this business in their search for the perfect candidate for a Health & Safety Specialist role for a section of their business. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate to progress and develop within one of Ireland’s leading multi discipline organisations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of H&S Management systems within the Business Unit, working in close collaboration with the Group H&S function. The role includes oversight of H&S in the Feed Mill and throughout their network of stores.
What will you be doing?
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders in relation to Health & Safety (H&S) activities;
- Develop and implement all necessary H&S procedures and policies and ensure compliance with legislation, codes, standards, and industry best practice;
- Facilitate sites teams in the execution of planned inspections, risk assessments, training needs analysis, PPE surveys and occupational health & hygiene surveys including work station ergonomic surveys;
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are thoroughly recorded and investigated by Management to identify route causes and ensure that effective corrective actions are taken as required;
- Work with external medical / occupational health resources to identify, control and provide information to employees on site occupational health hazards;
- Establish a system for Contractor Management whereby Contractor Hosts are trained to request documentation from contractors, verify training records, provide induction training and issue and close out PTWs, ensuring contractors are always compliant to site rules;
- Coordinate H&S activities during construction work on sites;
- Maintain records of all relevant H&S documentation, reports, files, forms, etc. using the company’s software and a suitable, electronic filing system, such as SharePoint;
- Monitor and review site specific H&S KPIs;
- Train or organise training for staff at all levels on H&S issues and responsibilities, including induction.
What skills, experience, qualifications and attributes should you have?
- A relevant qualification in Occupational Safety and Health;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Drive for achieving a high standard of work;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to work on their own initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft package;
- Flexibility in working duties and areas of work.
- It’s important that candidates are located reasonably close to either Sligo or Roscommon as there will be an element of travel to the Store network.
If you are a credible, confident and innovative person with the right background, we would love to hear from you.
- Salary DOE 40-45k
- 20 days holidays plus stats
- Contributed Pension plan
- EAP for all staff
- Excellent working environment and team/s
- Employee Assistance programme
- Pension 6% ER/EE
- How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
Our team has many decades of recruitment experience and we provide our clients with a comprehensive service to supply and manage their workforce needs.
Currently we have offices across Ireland and U.K.
It is 3D Personnel’s policy to work closely with both our clients and candidates in order to build strong, mutually beneficial and lasting relationships.
For a full list of jobs, we currently have available please visit https://www.3dpersonnel.com/jobs/
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.