Health & Safety Officer - Large Urban Project.
Excellent Salary:- €45K - €50K (DOE) + bonus, vehicle, VHI etc.
Required for leading Developer who specialse in large multi use urban regeneration projects.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ construction experience and will be based on the project.
- Develop, promote and maintain a strong, pro-active health & safety culture on site
- Communicate and co-ordinate the adoption of industry best practices in health and safety
- Develop project-specific health & safety strategies, programmes and plans
- Implementation of the site Health and Safety Induction Training programme
- Coordinate reviews of Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Conduct site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Establish a process of active health and safety monitoring through audits and inspections of site conditions and contractor activities
- Recording and reporting of site Health and Safety KPI metrics using predefined leading and lagging indicators
- Ensure full compliance with local and national Health and Safety legislation
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of health and safety programmes and initiatives designed to continually improve performance
- H&S Degree Qualification
- 2+ years related work experience
- Proven Health & Safety record
- Knowledge and experience in H&S Legislation, H&S Procedures in particular maintenance of company policies and procedures with a view to continually monitoring legislative updates and best practice guidelines.
- Strong communication skills.
This is a great opportunity offering definite career progression.