Job Description: Health & Safety Officer
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer to work on an ongoing project in Belfast City Centre for a highly renowned build and construction contractor.
To co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within Decora are adhered to.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters. Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc
Please note this role requires the candidate to be familiar with Northern Ireland, only candidates who have/are living and working in Northern Ireland will be considered. .
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org