Vacancy: Health and Safety Officer
3D Personnel’s client are currently seeking to recruit a Health and safety officer. The Successful Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for two sites based in Kildare & Waterford.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established company, reporting directly to the Health and Safety Manager, you will support the organisation in driving their Safety culture forward.
- Assist the HSEQ Department to ensure HSEQ Management System complies with Statutory and Client requirements.
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant/equipment.
- Provide general support and assistance to the Health and Safety Manger.
- Assist in HSEQ audits/Inspections by following up/tracking and reporting on remedial actions.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of PPE.
- Liaise closely with the Construction team to coordinate issues relating to the Site e.g. waste disposal, W@H, fire safety equipment, Site logistics and other compliance testing and audit noncompliances.
- Ensuring sub-contractor documentation and training has been reviewed prior to commencement and complies with legal and company policies.
- Updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Organise, participate and provide clerical support around HSEQ meetings and forums.
- Control, maintain and coordinate the induction and training register.
- Support the wider management team with investigating accidents, incidents, high potential near misses or other significant events/issues. Ensuring that investigation close out actions plans are completed in the required time frame.
- Giving general H&S advice to the site team as needed
- Periodically review relevant safety signage across the Site
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated.
- Assist in the coordination and management of the HSEQ ‘Theme of the Month’ programme.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Safety Management System, including administration, logging data, creating reports, tracking and pushing progress of the company’s behavioural safety programme.
Requirements of the Health & Safety Officer:
- 3rd level qualification in Construction or Health & Safety
- Experience in health & safety on construction sites (2-4 years)
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and targets
- A full Driving License