Vacancy: Health and Safety Officer
Location: Co. Louth
Salary: €50K - €55K + package
3D Personnel’s client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join the team on a project in county Louth.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the Health & Safety Officer will be responsible for the efficient management of their prescribed work area and will fulfil the duties of the office in accordance with 3D Personnel client's Health and Safety Management System.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the role of a Safety Officer on site including supervision of sub-contractors & completion of the relevant paperwork
- Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Hold a recognised H&S qualification
- Minimum of 3/4 years’ experience as Health & Safety Officer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times