Vacancy: Senior Procurement Surveyor
Salary:- €90K - €110K DOE + full package
3D Personnel’s client, a leading main contractor is seeking a Senior Procurement Surveyor to be based in county Dublin. Sitting within the Quantity Surveying Department this senior role is to be the main coordinator within the Surveying Department on all matters relating to subcontract procurement and to assist with subcontract procurement at pre contract or post contract stage as required. Reporting to the Commercial Director the Senior Procurement Surveyor role is a an exciting opportunity with a very attractive package on offer for the successful candidate in addition to long term career and progression opportunities.
The right person will be an enthusiastic and hardworking individual with main contracting experience who will add value to the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be the main coordinator within the Surveying Department on all matters relating to subcontract procurement.
- Assist with subcontract procurement at pre contract or post contract stage as required.
- At pre contract stage, work in conjunction with the Estimating Department to procure subcontract packages on those projects that are being negotiated with the Employer.
- Ensure that all packages have been reviewed in detail to ensure that the main contract requirements are fully captured in the subcontract award packages.
- Assess and review all new subcontractors to establish their suitability.
- Research the subcontractor market, both domestically and abroad, to find suitable subcontractors that would benefit the company to employ.
- Ensure that the procurement systems within the Surveying Department are being followed.
- Review existing procurement practises and look to develop and improve them as needed.
- Have an up to date knowledge of all subcontractors being employed by the company.
- Coordinate with colleagues and liaise with the Estimating Department in agreeing which subcontractors are to be used at tender stage.
- As required, assist the Surveying Department in procuring key subcontract packages post award of the main contract.
- Develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of the company’s supply chain
- Work with the other departments to ensure that the performance records are updated on a regular basis.
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience preferably gained with a Design & Build Main Contractor.
- Comprehensive experience in the development and implementation of solutions to procure contracts / sub contracts and of goods / services
- A detailed understanding of the commercial aspects of the construction industry different types of contracts
- Highly motivated, driven with ability to work individually or part of a team.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations.
- Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the UK and Ireland when required.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.