Vacancy: Health & Safety Officer
Salary: NEG. Depending on experience
An experienced Health & Safety officer is required to join one of Ireland’s leading main contractors with projects through-out the country.
The successful H&S officer will be working on commercial projects through-out the Waterford area and will have at least 3-4 yrs experience preferably working with large main contractors undertaking a variety of commercial projects.
This is a great opportunity to join Irelands leading main contractor that has a large pipeline of work over the next 10 yrs while providing great company benefits.
- Support the Site management team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective Health Safety & Training policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Provide support to the Management and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, Training / Development and on occasion environmental issues.
- Support the HR Manager in ensuring Health & Safety compliance and perform regular Health and Safety audits
- Assist with developing Health and Safety plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as Internal and external stakeholders requirements
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and Health & Safety and HR program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit preventative measure initiatives for implementation
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within and benchmark performance with relative other industries.
- Assist in the development of project specific Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure premises, transportation and employees are compliant with Company policies and safety standards and that there are sufficient systems in place to monitor and safeguard same.
Successfully develop and implement work site Health & Safety campaigns and good practices