Vacancy: Health & Safety Officer
Salary: NEG. Depending on experience
An experienced Health & Safety officer is required to join one of Ireland’s leading main contractors with projects through-out the country.
The successful H&S officer will be working on commercial projects through-out the Wexford area and will have at least 3-4 yrs experience preferably working with large main contractors undertaking a variety of commercial projects.
This is a great opportunity to join Irelands leading main contractor that has a large pipeline of work over the next 10 yrs while providing great company benefits.
- Support the Site management team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective Health Safety & Training policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Provide support to the Management and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety, Training / Development and on occasion environmental issues.
- Support the HR Manager in ensuring Health & Safety compliance and perform regular Health and Safety audits
- Assist with developing Health and Safety plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as Internal and external stakeholders requirements
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and Health & Safety and HR program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit preventative measure initiatives for implementation
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within and benchmark performance with relative other industries.
- Assist in the development of project specific Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure premises, transportation and employees are compliant with Company policies and safety standards and that there are sufficient systems in place to monitor and safeguard same.
- Successfully develop and implement work site Health & Safety campaigns and good practices