Health and Safety (Quality) Manager
€60,000 - €70,000 + Package
Our client is a well-recognised contractor based in the West of Ireland. Due to their continued growth, they are actively seeking an experienced Health and Safety (Quality) Manager to join their team in the West on a permanent basis covering 3-4 construction projects throughout the West.
- Planning, implementation & review of a suitable Health & Safety system.
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures and the Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements.
- Create risk assessments and method statements for all works, and develop and implement appropriate controls.
- Accident Management – work with management to ensure a process is established which includes incident investigation, identification and implementation of all corrective actions and effective preventative programs
- Provide technical support regarding the H&S management system, legislation updates, and other technical advice
- Provide Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required.
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out throughout the site in conjunction with the management team.
- Work closely with the management team to develop and deliver safety procedures throughout the company.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
- Work closely with staff to ensure all safety equipment is calibrated and inspected at regular intervals.
- Comply with company ISO Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing department forms/records as required.
- Work closely with Senior Management in fulfilling tender requirements to secure future work.
- 3rd level education in Health and Safety related degree
- Previous experienced within a similar role based in Ireland or the UK.
- Strong inter-personal Skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, good influencing and negotiation skills and ability to coach.
- A positive attitude coupled with strong ability to direct others on health & safety matters is essential.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest CV to Sarah or call today to discuss further.