Vacancy: Health & Safety Advisor
Location: County Kildare
Salary: €55k - €60k
3D Personnel’s client, who provides a wide range of services to the steel construction industry, is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to be based on a site in County Kildare.
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will have structural steel experience and will be responsible for the efficient management of their prescribed work area and will fulfil the duties of the office in accordance with 3D Personnel client's Health and Safety Management System.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the role of a Safety Advisor on site including supervision of sub-contractors & completion of the relevant paperwork
- Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Hold a recognised H&S qualification
- Must have structural steel experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience as Health & Safety Officer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Have experience in the domestic and/or commercial construction building sectors