Health and Safety Advisor
£45K - £55K + Vehicle + Package
Required for a busy main contractor who specialise in projects large-scale projects between £20 -£50m in value.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ in experience total and will be looking after more than one project.
- Develop, promote and maintain a strong, pro-active health & safety culture on site.
- Communicate and co-ordinate the adoption of industry best practices in health and safety.
- Develop project-specific health & safety strategies, programmes and plans.
- Implementation of the site Health and Safety Induction Training programme.
- Coordinate reviews of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Conduct site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Establish a process of active health and safety monitoring through audits and inspections of site conditions and contractor activities.
- Recording and reporting of site Health and Safety KPI metrics using predefined leading and lagging indicators.
- Ensure full compliance with local and national Health and Safety legislation.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of health and safety programmes and initiatives designed to continually improve performance.
- H&S Degree Qualification
- 5+ years related work experience, must have some construction experience
- Proven Health & Safety record
- Knowledge and experience in H&S Legislation, H&S Procedures in particular maintenance of company policies and procedures with a view to continually monitoring legislative updates and best practice guidelines.
- Strong communication skills.
This is a great opportunity offering definite career progression within a Tier 1 contractor in the UK.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest cv to Sarah or call today to discuss further.