Co. Derry/ Derry City Outskirts
Full-time perm contract
We are working with an Employer based within easy reach of Derry City who are seeking to hire a capable and experienced Group Accountant
What will you be doing?
• Your remit within the role will include the preparation, maintenance and auditing of the groups finance and accounting procedures and the producing of timely, accurate financial reports while adhering to all reporting deadlines alongside the Financial Controller.
Your main areas of responsibility will be
• Maintenance, Auditing and review and updating of financial records and accounting systems and procedures.
• Provide financial forecasting and strategic planning advice.
• Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts.
• General finance administration including control and reconciliation of Bank accounts, VAT, Bad Debt, Inland Revenue Returns and statutory Company returns and Debtors and Creditors control.
• Liaise and Assist Directors in company acquisitions and the maintenance of group property portfolio.
• Supervise and monitor payroll function. In addition, other duties as outlined in Full Job Description.
What skills, experience, qualifications and attributes should you have?
• The Candidates should be fully qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with at least 5 years post qualified experience in a commercial or industrial role, possessing strong knowledge in accounting ledger systems.
• Worked within a financial department and accounting function team, and have experience in preparing statutory accounts, meet statutory reporting requirements and maintain excellent working relationships with the external auditors.
• Highly organized individual with an ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Good reporting and presentational skills and are happy presenting financial information to senior board directors in a meaningful and concise manner.
• Excellent spreadsheet skills and have the ability to understand and utilise different accounting software packages.
• Experience working with different currency bases.
• Property Portfolio management experience
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical and report writing skills
• Self-Motivated with strong leadership skills and the ability to take on responsibility where a financial impact is evident.
• Pro-active, with a creative approach to relationship-building, critical thinking and problem solving.
Salary will be tailored to the successful candidate’s individual experience but will be reflective of market leading remuneration in your field.
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
Please note at this time, applications can only be accepted from those who already hold legal right to work in Ireland.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.