Our client is one of the leading civil engineering and construction contractors in Ireland and the UK.
They are looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineering Technician with good experience carrying out ground investigations/geotechnical testing to join their team on a permanent basis for a role that they have in the Watford area.
- Identification and characterization of site won materials from GI reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of earthworks quality control plan as per project specification
- Conducting various field tests on soils, concrete, aggregates in accordance with relevant BS EN standards
- Supervise and train junior staff in materials testing and borehole/trial pit logging.
- Prepare laboratory and site daily reports and other office tasks as required
- Assist Project Engineers in drafting plans for optimum use of site won materials
- Construction observation and monitoring
- Testing of soils, concrete, asphalt, and/or geosynthetic materials
- Monitoring of instrumentation.
- Interaction with Client Representatives, Contractors, and Engineers.
- Operation of computerized and digital testing equipment.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience of relevant site and laboratory experience in a geotechnical organisation carrying out ground investigations/geotechnical testing
- Valid driver’s license
- CSCS Card
- Recognised qualification in Geotechnical civil engineering would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the leading civil engineering and construction contractors in Ireland and the UK.