Contracts Manager – Civils – required for permanent position in Kildare
Job Role: To lead and be accountable for a large project or portfolio of smaller projects, ensuring that the scope of works are delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes. The successful applicant will report to the Project Director
- Ensure that the project team works to progressively complete handover documentation so that we are “fit to finish”, complying with the contracted completion requirements of the Client.
- Ensure that the project team comply with company standards, policies and procedures (MIMS).
- Ensure adequate supervision deployed to coordinate and manage our direct workforce.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with the Client and other project stakeholders (internal and external).
- Manage and resolve any actual or potential conflicts with the Client or project stakeholders.
- Ensure the requirements of the contract are understood and adhered to by the project team.
- Ensure the requirements of the contract are administered and discharged appropriately.
- To ensure contract programmes are developed, reviewed and updated in accordance with the contract requirements.
- To ensure that the project works are planned and scheduled at an appropriate level of detail.
- To ensure programme information is communicated to the project team.
- To be fully accountable for the delivery of the project, ensuring it is completed safely, on time, in accordance with the contract requirements and to the agreed budget.
- Ensure the project requirements are identified, understood and delivered.
- Ensure appropriate project controls are developed, implemented and updated regularly.
- Lead the development of a detailed cost forecast for the project, ensuring it is reviewed and updated regularly.
- Accountable for ensuring the financial performance of the project is achieved or exceeded.
- Support the procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Where necessary, contribute to work winning activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Appropriate safety training and qualification for the nature of the works (e.g. IOSHH, PTS).
- Experience in the project management of an engineering project.
- Technical knowledge appropriate to the nature of works.
- Awareness of the administration of construction contracts.
- Client and stakeholder management.
- Management of a project teams.
- Experience in developing and maintaining forecasts and budgets.
- Awareness of the use and interpretation of project controls to review the status of a project.
- Working knowledge of planning & programming.
- Minimum Level 7, preferable Level 8 Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.