Vacancy: Temporary Works Designer
Salary: 50,000 + package DOE
3D Personnel’s client is one of Ireland’s construction firm who has grown and developed over the years to become one of the leaders in their sector.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Works Designer to be based in the Meath area.
The successful candidate will receive a very attractive package.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Supervise and Provide in-house dedicated support on temporary works designs
- Work with designers through the design phase to review the initial scope of works and produce advice as to the constructability and sequencing of the temporary works including method statements
- Ensure clear lines of communication are established with any subcontractors, suppliers, permanent works designers and consultants.
- Prepare Temporary Works designs for wall and soffit formwork along with climbing systems.
- Provide Temporary Works designs in accordance with industry codes of practice and specifications.
- Prepare design risk assessments to eliminate or mitigate design risk to the business
- Undertake site briefings as necessary if requested by site.
- Knowledge of engineering processes and of company design procedures
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Knowledge of the various formwork systems and its application
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Full understanding of structural codes of practice
- Must be able to produce well thought out competent temporary works designs
- Good communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Recent experience of working in small design teams and coordinating interfaces with other disciplines