ESTIMATOR NORTH COUNTY DUBLIN
A leading tier1 construction company are currently on the lookout for an estimator to work out of their North Dublin Head Office.
There will be opportunity to work remotely from home.
Previous experience in a similar role is necessary, with some Irish construction experience preferred- Estimating must be primary responsibility, not quantity surveying. Candidates will have at least 2 years post graduate experience working within an estimating department.
Reporting to the Chief Estimator your key responsibilities will include:
• Managing the tender bid from receipt of tender enquiry to submission of final bid
• Undertaking careful inspection of tender documents including bills of quantities, specifications, contract etc.
• Working closely with the Estimating Team in the preparation of tender enquiries for issue to the market;
• Working within the agreed procurement strategy
• Collating quotes for comparison and selection for inclusion in the priced tender
• Conducting risk identification, value management and cost control
• Meeting with key stakeholders and subcontractors throughout the tender period
• Developing standard prelim allowances for inclusion in the priced tender
• Preparing budgets and cost plans in a similar manner to priced tenders
• Presenting the priced tender to the Pre-Construction Director at adjudication stage
• Preparing for pre and post tender meetings
• Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use; and assessing the implications of health and safety regulations.
• The ability to prepare tenders with little oversight while meeting strict deadlines.
Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying or relevant construction discipline/ Experience
If interested in further information, apply within or get in contact with Hugh Casey on0876416933 for a confidential conversation.