Our client has successfully grown to an award-winning organisation now employing more than 1000 people with turnover in excess of £130 million. They successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
They are seeking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer to join our dedicated design studio at their Head Office in Southampton. The role is working as part of a multi-disciplined team, responsible for the design management of a variety of different projects including water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Responsible for management of project specific design deliverables
- Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Site surveys of existing assets
- Optioneering and feasibility studies
- Assisting with tender pricing
- Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
- Review of vendors controls system Functional design Specifications for compliance with our requirements.
- Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
- Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
- Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
- Preparation of drawings for CAD production, in accordance with the TEL QA procedures
- Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers. Production of URS documentation
- Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
- Estimation of material and labour costs
- Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
- Responsible for preparing detailed electrical specifications
- Responsible for the production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
- Record and document all design changes through to completion and issue of ‘As Built’ documents
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors
- Carrying out design in accordance with M&E Design QA Procedures
- Responsible for the detailed design in accordance with the TEL Procedures
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
- An appropriate electrical qualification is required
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional institution is an advantage but not essential
- A background of water/waste water treatment also advantageous
Salary and Package is negotiable depending on experience.