Vacancy: Electrical Construction Manager
Salary: €65k - €75K + Flights, accommodation, Transport , Flexible rotation patterns
3D Personnel’s client is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services in the M&E and Power Transmission and Distribution Sectors. Operating across Ireland, the UK and Europe, the company has become the engineering service provider of choice in growth segments such as pharmaceuticals, data centres and power transmission and distribution. 3D Personnel client’s culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused.
The firm is currently seeking an Electrical Construction Manager with very strong Data Center experience to be based in Finland.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance.
To ensure construction activities are supervised to comply with programme, quality, health and safety and operative training and development
Functional authority over all aspects of site progress, health and safety, materials handling, plant handling, labour and sub-contractors.
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule.
- Familiarisation with change management with PM.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Set up site establishment.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project Running Phase:
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
- Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
- Maintain a site diary
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS.
- Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
- Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
- Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between M&E services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure tool box talks, inductions and safety briefings are being carried out.
- Maintain plant logs and ensure weekly safety checks are carried out.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk arounds.
- Carry out daily walk around adopting a “don’t walk by” approach to safety.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant.
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure inspection test plan is enforced by snagging works, then offering to client for inspection at various stages of the installation working to ZERO snags.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
Close Out Activities:
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
- Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
- Maintain a site diary.
- Assist QS in his / her duties
- Ensure company’s good image is maintained at all times.
- Integrate with site team.
- Ensure your agreed training plan is enforced.
To be considered you will:
- Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Construction Management experience 5 years+.
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
- HVAC and building services experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Computer Literacy
- IOSH Managing Safely or CITB SMSTS
- Ability to estimate
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Identifies and achieves commercial value.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates