On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Development Manager for a Building and Civil Engineering company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland
POSITION: Development Manager
LOCATION: Mid Ulster
- To be commercially aware of existing contracts, future tenders and other business opportunities.
- Focusing on obtaining ‘new’ clients and continuing our growth and communication channels with existing key clients and stakeholders.
- Identifying and evaluating land opportunities in order to bring forward land opportunities and new contracts to meet the Company’s and the client requirements.
- Working alongside agents and consultants to bring schemes to fruition.
- Negotiating deals with potential landowners and clients, meet with planners to keep schemes progressing and provide the first stage of financial budget estimates.
- Having a good knowledge of the Planning system and legislation, working closely and engaging with Planners.
- Setting up option agreements with land owners and instruct legal team with option agreements. Liaising with Housing Associations to determine interest, housing need, mix and tenure to determine the optimum development value.
5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: development of social housing i.e., as an Area Manager or Project Manager for a housing association with the ability to build strong contacts with authorities and planning departments;
land consultancy, land planning with a strong ability in developing option agreements.
An understanding of the Planning system.