Our client is a multi disciplined main contractor that are operating on majro build and civil engineering projects across the UK.
They are currently recruiting for a Design Manager for a role that they have available on a large port redevelopment project that they have in the North Yorkshire area. Project has a total value of £400m.
- Establish the quality of the design and verify the stage of design development and whether any elements of the design do not comply with the Employer’s Requirements and issue tender queries.
- Identify, detail and evaluate areas where the compliant design could be improved such that a better value solution could be offered in the tender submission.
- Identify any errors or omissions in the tender information, and provide advice on any such errors or omissions for inclusion on the Risk and Opportunities Schedule
- Confirm the design is compliant with Statutory Requirements including the Planning Permission, Building Regulations, CDM regulations and any Contract specified Design Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Assess, in conjunction with the Planning Manager, the suitability of the proposed design about the proposed method and sequence of construction and provide advice regarding proposed changes to the design.
- Work with the project team to help with troubleshooting on problems that might arise between design and implementation.
- A degree in a construction/design related qualification
- Be a member of a professional body (e.g. CIOB, RICS, ICE, RIBA).
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry, preferably with experience on marine projects
- Good knowledge of current CDM and Building Regulations
- Experience of managing document management systems
- Competent user of Microsoft packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word
- A relevant CSCS card