Job Description: Design Manager
Location: Northern Ireland
On behalf of my client, I am actively recruiting for a Design Manager to work on ongoing projects in Northern Ireland . My Client is a multidisciplinary construction company working as Main Contractor, delivering an abundance of high end projects across Ireland and the UK.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Design Manager will be responsible for overseeing the project design to ensure compliance with its objectives.
- Coordinate all design matters relating to a project, helping to ensure that the multi-disciplinary teams building the project work together smoothly and that everything is delivered on time and within budget.
- Work on a project before construction actually begins and continues until construction is complete.
- Input into the tendering process (when the main contractor is bidding to win the project in the first place)
- Input into the selection of, specialist subcontractors or other organisations that will help complete the project work
- Advise on the selection of materials used and other aspects of procurement
- Manager processes relating to the project's design to ensure that everything is delivered to schedule and budget, working very closely with estimators, QS, Site Managers and other key members of the project team
- Review and advise on designs, ensuring they meet regulatory and legislative requirements and the client’s brief
- Conduct financial, technical and operational risk assessments and advising on risks, opportunities and potential hazards
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations, codes and legislation
- Ability to chair design meetings, writing reports and giving presentations.
- Divide time between their office and construction sites; their working hours may vary Typical
- Design skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of engineering science and technology
- Able to come up with new ways of doing things
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Persistence and determination
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Please send your CV to Sarah Kennedy – white collar construction specialist at 3D Personnel.