3D Personnel construction recruitment agency is a leading name in construction recruitment for The United Kingdom supplying Professional & Technical, Trades & Labour and Construction Services talent across a broad range of construction sectors. Our dedicated labour managers can guide you through the whole construction recruitment process and help you land that dream role in the British construction industry.
Senior Design Manager (M&E)
Location: Denmark (Funen)
Design, deliver and develop
Quality underpins everything our client do. Which is why design is such an important factor of every project we undertake – it ensures we can develop thriving places that are developed with their future occupants front of mind. As a Design Manager here, you'll be integral to our wider team, ensuring that we factor in all aspects of design throughout the construction process. This is an environment that's characterised by mutual trust, collaboration and honest communication. Not only that, but our passion for innovation, openness and constant learning makes this a fantastic company in which to hone your skills and develop your career.
What will you get?
- If living in the UK you'll get your flights paid for and booked by the team so that you have one less thing to worry about.
- You'll work on a rotation basis, being able to come home on the weekend.
- Shared accommodation will be provided along with a shared vehicle or car pool
- You'll report into the Project Director who will bring you up to speed with the project and help you progress as the project develops further
- Also, having the opportunity to work for a very interesting and large project which is fast paced and varied.
What will you be doing?
You'll support the construction team by swiftly resolving any design-related issues in line with our commercial objectives to keep the wider construction programme on track. In particular, your role will involve:
- Taking full responsibility for the design coordination of large projects
- Auditing the designs and identifying inconsistencies, discrepancies and missing information as well as recording, reporting and tracking the close-out
- Managing the production and control of the design programme and reporting against it
- Chairing design workshops with our trade contractors and consultants, developing the designs, producing workshop drawings, and managing the coordination between trades
- Reviewing the development of designs regularly alongside the Commercial Manager to ensure everything's aligned
- Managing the production and approval of samples, mock-ups and quality benchmarks
- Coordinating the integration of our building services team with the architectural and structural elements of the project
What do you need to bring?
- Prior construction design and design management experience with associated Electrical, Mechanical or Public Health Engineering qualifications
- Has been involved in at least one large (£50m+) project
- Be able to effectively plan the design delivery programme
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems such as Conject (BIW);
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to stay focused in difficult situations
- Strong team working and communication skills – you'll be happy to share your knowledge, support your colleagues and keep everyone up to speed with any issues
- A willingness to take full accountability for your role, actions, judgements and decisions
- The ability to build trust, confidence and new relationships with others – you'll also understand how to generate new business
Please call now our London office on 02071.833.030 for more information.
Finding a suitable construction job for you is something 3D Personnel takes massive pride in. Other projects and progression will be available within 3D Personnel due to the ever growing construction industry that is thriving in London, Colchester and Southampton Areas.
3D Personnel is currently working on a number of large scale projects in the London, Colchester and Southampton areas, if the job above does not suit please contact us for other potential construction job opportunities near you.
For a full list of construction jobs we currently have available please visit
3D Personnel act as an employment business.