SW – 007 – 0039
Defects Engineer / Handyperson
Working for a Housing Developer
£18 - £22 per hour
Based in Brentford
Long term contract
Headline of the Defects Engineer / Handyperson
Working under the banner of the completions team your role will see you carry out full and final snagging of residential apartments on recently completed large urban development construction projects. The role could be customer facing in occupied properties so the idea candidate will need to be happy engaging with customers.
This is a long term contract role and could see you completing your works on other recently completed residential construction projects for the client in London.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Defects Engineer / Handyperson
- To carry out ‘tradesman’ repairs to apartments as instructed.
- To carry out repairs, upgrades and attend to defects in a timely and professional manner in accordance with schedules and standards as directed by the Handover Manager.
- Perform duties in accordance with Departmental Health & Safety Policies & Procedures.
- To fully diagnose any defect problems within the appropriate trade area and raise any potential trends/issues for review.
- Carry out pre-occupational checks of apartments to note and rectify snagging/defects in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Liaise and arrange sub-contractor support and effectively co-ordinate their attendance to ensure systems are serviced, maintained and repaired.
Additional duties of the Defects Engineer / Handyperson
- Conduct yourself to the highest standards when working residents’ homes.
- Manage, rectify and update defects tasks through the Handover Managers to ensure that service-level agreements are met.
- To manage defects to completion including breakdowns, investigations, sourcing of materials and parts.
- Ensure a good working relationship with Contractors and Sub-contractors is maintained on site.
- Delivery of reactive works orders in line with trade qualification and experience as evaluated.
- To complete works in a timely manner and to ensure quality of work is of an excellent standard.
- To respond effectively to all defects scheduled by the Handover Managers.
- Assist flushing requirements when needed.
- Deliver all work in line with quality and productivity targets.
- Ensure defects are logged and reported back via the communication channels provided.
- Carry out apartment checks to maintain sales standards for stock apartments.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications of the Defects Engineer / Handyperson
- Knowledge of a range of different skills sets, including painting, decorating, tiling, mastic, electrics, plumbing, flooring etc.
- Experience remedying snagging items in new build residential setting.
- Strong understanding of the new building apartment construction and finishing process.
- Strong eye for finishing detail.
- Well organised with the ability to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a wide range of customers, contractors and other members of staff.
- Understanding of the need to deal with customers sensitively and to keep information confidential.
- Ability to take on individual project work, demonstrating initiative.
- Trade experience and relevant high-end market experience of construction / repairs / maintenance
- CSCS Trade qualification
Next step to apply for this Defects Engineer / Handyperson role
- As a candidate with site experience, you will already know the technical specifications of this role, but following your application of interest, you will:
✔ Receive a full detailed introduction about this role
✔ Full technical specification
✔ Information on the client, location, projects and package
✔ Discussion on your synergy for this role and next steps
3D Personnel specialise in working within the construction sector where we work with companies who design, construct and maintain the built environment. In addition to this advertised role, we also place Assistant Site Managers | Site Supervisor | Site Managers | Senior Site Managers | Contracts Managers | Project Managers | Construction Managers | Construction Directors | Construction Project Directors