Position: Contracts Manager
Location: Multiple Sites – Dublin & Leinster
Reporting to: Directors
Salary: €130K + package
Due to the increase in workload My Client a leading Building & Civil Engineering have a vacancy for a Contracts Manager.
Your duties & Responsibilities:-
- Full responsibility for the successful delivery of one large or multiple small to medium sized projects both from a programme & commercial prospective.
- Be a dynamic personality along with having excellent people management skills.
- Previous Contract Management experience essential and preferable in Ireland.
- Ensure structures are put in place to monitor, review and control the budgeted or agreed expenditure.
- Implement the Company’s Cost & Value Management procedures and ensure that all necessary commercial reports are produced accurately and in a timely fashion to upper management.
- Work closely with the Directors and Project Managers to support and recommend strategies, to identify any potential risks or issues and to find an appropriate resolution.
- Issue monthly progress reports for Senior Management
- An excellent understanding of Health & Safety
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a long term career with a main contractor
- An Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management Degree required
- Minimum 10 years management experience required - at Senior Level working with a Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project / PowerPoint etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents.
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
- A degree in Civil Engineering with a strong site and commercial background
- Be fully aware of all relevant internal and client standards and with the necessary level of understanding, and will have worked closely with relevant clients and building relationships.
- Excellent project planning and project management skills.
- Capable of managing 2 to 3 large and complex projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong vendor management experience.