Vacancy: Contracts Manager
Salary: €140K - €150K + package (Bonus, health care, vehicle, pension)
New Build Landmark Urban Redevelopment
Your new company:
3D Personnel have been exclusively retained by on of Ireland’s market leading Developers in their search for a Contracts Manager. The company has a very strong reputation for quality and delivery and this is reflected in an enviable standard of development projects that are mix of residential, hotel and commercial offices. Feedback from within the organisation points to a positive team culture, investment in development training and opportunities for highly competitive remuneration.
Your new role:
This will be one of the biggest projects in Dublin. You will be part of a Project Management team managing a large scale multi-contract residential / mixed-use development with single point responsibility for project delivery, from planning, value engineering using off site solutions right through to construction and handover to the end user. The role provides leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, and in full compliance with the Planning Permission. Furthermore it is essential requirement of the role to be highly organised, detail-driven. It is expected that the successful applicant will come from an engineering background and will have a consistent career path to date and an ambitious and motivated outlook on career progression.
What you will need to succeed:
· Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent;
· 10+ years post-qualification experience of General Contracting or Builder / Developer exp.
· Background in large scale, higher-density residential or commercial construction in complex –inner-city sites.
· Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards.
· Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
· An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
· Have good spoken and written communication skills.
· Be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate.
· Good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
· Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
· Able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
· The drive to be responsible for exceeding targets.
Your Key responsibilities:
You will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
· Project Management of large scale multi-contract residential / mixed-use developments reporting to the Group Construction Director.
· Single point responsibility for project out-turn from tender stage through construction and handover.
· Provide leadership to the project construction team to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, Health & Safety and environmental standards, in full compliance with the Planning Permission.
· Preparation of Project Execution Plan including Contracting Strategy, Programme, Budget and risks mitigation plan.
· Management of the Project Budget and Contract Administration in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor; Management of the Project Programme.
· Liaison with Planning/Development Team to ensure project value-engineered during the Pre-Construction Stage.
· Liaison with Sales Management team during the fit-out; marketing and customer completions stages.
· Management of the Project Design Team during construction to ensure coordination of information flows to the site teams.
· Coordination of key project stakeholders including statutory authorities and liaison with JV Project partners.
· Implementation of best practice in project controls, performance management, and Project Reporting.
What you’ll get in return:
This is a stellar opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Project Manager to join a premier developer and work on a prestigious project portfolio. Our client will offer the successful candidate a clear career path and progression, and a positive environment which rewards results, loyalty and recognises delivery. The company prides itself on staff retention and offer a unique and flexible approach to managing projects. As well as this you will be joining a progressive employer who value staff retention by ensuring a positive work life balance.