Vacancy: Construction Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000 + Car allowance / Flights / Accommodation / Monthly living allowance / Private healthcare/ Pension scheme / 25 days holiday
3D Personnel’s client is a dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive.
3D personnel’s client are a worldwide specialists in fit-out, technology, construction and development who blends unparalleled track record, sound processes and proven delivery methods with a fast-paced and agile culture, ensuring delivery of thriving places that are as agile and resilient as their occupants.
The successful Construction Manager will hold a recognised qualification, preferably in structural or civil engineering and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience on large scale projects, including delivery of finishes and fitting out.
To deliver a quality service and product in line with the project goals by working with the professional team and applying 3D Personnel client’s systems, procedures and culture.
- To work closely with the Senior Construction Manager & Technical Services Manager.
- To work closely with the Health & Safety Manager in planning the works
- To identify problems and offer solutions prior to and during construction
- To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal
- To review design and shop drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary
- To offer high level strategic thinking at a project level (lower level strategic input only is required for the skills area)
- To be aware of the existence of marketing relationships with external professionals and clients
- To actively promote philosophy and culture
- To produce precise and succinct project reports
- To produce logistic plans and method statements
- To review and manage temporary works processes associated with the project works.
- To chair trade contractor meetings
- Develop detailed programmes with the project planner
- Produce short term programmes
- Good understanding of M&E systems
- To develop computer skills
- Implement Zero Defects and absolute completion Initiatives
- To apply the Best Practice Manual thoroughly
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Recognised qualification, preferably in structural or civil engineering.
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out a similar role to a high quality.
- Fully conversant with CDM and all relevant Health & Safety legislation and previous experience of successful implementation on a major project.
- In addition to general knowledge of common building and service trade, has greater in-depth knowledge and expertise in some specific areas e.g. joinery, cable wall systems, security
- Attitude characterised by enthusiasm, commitment to personal and divisional success.
- Proactive, diligent, able and willing to think ahead.
- The jobholder must understand the company values and respond positively.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively.
- Structured approach, focused, thorough with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to take full accountability for their role, actions, judgements and decisions.
- Must be passionate about work, committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Confident in making decisions within policy guidelines.
- Must be able to remain calm and focussed in difficult situations.
- Proven record of getting results and developing others.
- Won’t be afraid to address difficult issues and establish facts.
Planning and Organisation:
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Must be able to run effective and productive meetings.
- Must be organised and prioritise own work to deliver on time through managing time effectively.
Communicating and Influencing:
- Must be able to build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
- Must be able to use a range of communication skills and adapt these as necessary.
- Use facts and data to influence an outcome.
- Presents well to others.
- Must be able to participate, share knowledge and actively support colleagues.
- Able to quickly deal with conflict or issues that could affect the performance of the team.
- Must be able to recognise own strengths and weaknesses and draw on the strengths of different people.
- Must be able to motivate a team to achieve one common goal.
- Must act as a role model, setting high personal standards.
- Must be able to adapt management style to suit different individuals and situations.
- Must be approachable and able to offer advice and support to others when required.
- Able to communicate clear expectations of performance and behaviour and act quickly to resolve issues.
- Must be able to articulate a clear purpose to others and encourage a maximum buy in and commitment from them.
- Must take an active interest in developing others by providing opportunities for others to reach their full potential.
- Must be able to give fair, accurate and regular feedback on performance, which builds capability and confidence.
- Competitive salary
- Car/Travel Allowance (Role dependent)
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover (Role dependent)
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers