Vacancy: Construction Design Coordinator
Salary: €60K – €70K DOE
3DPersonnel’s client a Main contractor is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Design Coordinator to be based in Limerick. The successful candidate will be experienced in undertaking large scale projects within a main contractor for at least 5 years consecutively.
The Design Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the coordination and management of design information, programming, quality and sustainability, Client and Design Team liaison and subcontractor management.
Key duties will include:
- Leading the team and ensuring technical design best practices are met;
- Detailed design and analysis of structures, for CAD or geotechnical design as appropriate;
- Lead and co-ordinate design, manage internal and external design resources and liaise and co-ordinate design with project delivery teams;
- Project management and control from feasibility to detailed design, including all technical, programme, resource and cost monitoring;
- Control and monitoring of progress against programmes;
- Ensuring that all aspects of design, including assessments and checking of designs, are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice;
- Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures;
- Preparation of risk assessments and full compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM);
- Coordination of work undertaken by external sub-contractors and design checkers;
- Client / stakeholder management;
- Mentoring and developing junior engineers;
Knowledge, skills, and experience required:
- Chartered Engineer, or progressing towards Chartership, would be desirable;
- Previous experience on complex construction projects.
- At least 5 years industry experience in a similar capacity.
- Strong health and safety awareness related to major building projects
- Must be able to design and deliver structural engineering solutions on a wide range of projects, with previous water industry experience highly desirable;
- Proven experience of design and build contracts / works;
- Proven experience of undertaking designs in accordance with Eurocodes;
- Sound understanding of CDM Regulations, and specifically the Designer’s requirements;
- Sound understanding of the Designer’s responsibility regarding the risk assessment / management process;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing