Vacancy: Construction Buyer
Location: Derry / Londonderry
Salary: £35 - 40k DOE
3D Personnel are currently recruiting for a Buyer to work on a permanent basis in Northern Ireland.
Your New Company:
This position is for an established property development group. This company offer opportunities that are second to none allowing their employees to take ownership of their job whilst gaining as much responsibility as they can handle.
You will be responsible for:
- Purchasing within all disciplines of building.
- Working with suppliers to resolve price, quality, and delivery or invoice issues.
- Providing analysis on costs and reviewing cost reduction activities.
- Continuous improvement activity.
- Contract negotiation, building, maintaining and managing supplier relationships.
- Preparing and raising purchase orders and order schedules.
- Compiling data relating to supplier performance.
- Assessing and evaluating suppliers.
- Managing change control process and procedures.
- Monitoring and advising on risk or opportunity.
To Be Successful:
- To be successful in this role you should have experience working in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and UK construction suppliers market
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other IT skills
- Demonstrate longevity with your previous employers