Perm. Contract FT Hours
We are now recruiting for/on behalf of a leading property development firm who has grown over the years to become one of the leaders in their sector.
Our client is offering an experienced Construction Buyer the opportunity to join an expanding construction and development team.
Reporting to the Construction Director, you will manage pricing and trading agreements and quotations, ensuring our team deliver on time, meeting tight deadlines. Forecasting costs and estimates on a monthly basis along with regular cost reviews with the wider construction team will be essential in this role to work effectively.
As the buying lead, you will provide feedback and guidance on cost and buildability to the construction team.
The Buyer will be accountable for:
• Preparing accurate quantities and material schedules, competitively sourcing and co-ordinating the supply of plant and materials required for our projects
• Negotiating with suppliers and building strong robust, long term relationships
• Producing, understanding and maintaining procurement schedules, raising Purchase Orders as necessary
• Supporting the site teams by ensuring materials are provided to the specification and programme for the project and contingencies in place where over runs occur
• Being proactive with suppliers, subcontractors on price increases, material availability, etc.
What we are looking for:
• Minimum of 5 years’ recent relevant experience
• Strong construction experience, with knowledge of NI, ROI, and UK construction supplier’s market
• Demonstrable knowledge of construction product and regulation
• Demonstrable experience of market research on pricing
• Qualifications in a relevant discipline may be advantageous
• Mechanical and electrical experience may be advantageous
Job Related Skills
• Excellent, communication, relationship building and negotiation skills
• Excellent budget control and cost analysis skills
• Excellent time management skills, working to tight deadlines
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads, with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to use initiative confidently as well as willing to increase knowledge and personal development
• Ability to be flexible and thrive within a quickly changing environment
• Professional level verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and IT skills, and the ability to learn specialised software
How to Apply:
Please send your full and up to date CV along with a cover note or email to David/Robert in our Multi-Sector team in order to apply for this role.
3D Personnel is operating as an Employment Agency and Business.
Equality is at the forefront of our operation and we provide equality of opportunity to everyone.