Job Title: Construction Buyer
Location: Newry (travel to ROI required)
Salary: £35,000 - 40,000
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a buyer with relevant construction experience of 3-5 years. My client is a highly successful and renowned construction company based in Northern Ireland. This role will be based from head office in Newry.
- Pre-construction involvement in design meetings regarding product selection.
- Obtaining prices for all supplies required to complete the works.
- Identifying and assessing potential suppliers and products.
- Maintaining detailed records such as tracking documents and purchasing databases.
- Analysing tender returns and making recommendations.
- Ensuring supplies and suppliers comply with safety, health and environmental and other requirements.
- Preparing and issuing contracts.
- Raising orders for supplies.
- Preparing and maintaining cost reports.
- Ensuring the flow of materials to maximise efficiency.
- Negotiating favourable terms and delivery times with suppliers.
- Taking part in value engineering and cost-saving initiatives.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have a good knowledge and understanding of all construction materials and plant and their relevant market. Our client will require a buyer to have established relationships with builders’ merchants and other suppliers. Negotiation skills are necessary for agreeing prices and terms with suppliers.
Please get in touch with Sarah Kennedy at 3D Personnel for more information or to apply for this role.