Vacancy: Junior Estimator
Salary: €35K -€50K plus Package DOE
3DPersonnel’s client, one of Ireland’s leading contractors, is currently seeking to recruit a Junior Estimator to be based out of their Head Office in Dublin.
The successful candidate will have +6 months experience within a similar role within a leading main contractor. The ideal candidate will be degree qualified or diploma qualified.
- preparing priced tenders with accuracy for return within deadlines;
- undertaking careful inspection of tender documents including bills of quantities and contract documents;
- issuing enquiries and monitoring the enquiry process to meet deadlines;
- collating quotes for comparison and selection for inclusion in the priced tender;
- risk identification, value management and cost control;
- standard prelim allowances for inclusion in the priced tender;
- ascertaining construction periods through liaison with Contracts Managers and wider Operations Team;
- preparing budgets and cost plans in a similar manner to priced tenders;
- the bid adjudication process;
- pre and post tender meeting preparation;
- supporting others in the Estimating Department as necessary;
- procurement strategy;
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed reports;
- maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use; and
- assessing the implications of health and safety regulations.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar role; main contracting experience desirable
- Construction related degree essential
- Excellent time management skills and communication skills are essential
- Strong analytical skills