Job Title: Commercial Lead – Data Centres
Our client is major contractor with a group turnover of over £2bn specifically targeting growth in the Data Centre sector. As this role is based in Germany, candidates who can speak the language would be preferred.
What will you be doing:
- To take active responsibility for all financial procedures in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- Take a lead role in ensuring a Cash flow is of an accuracy that allows the client to draw down on the correct project funding requirements each quarter.
- Assist in developing supply chain
- Be aware of element costings and costs/ft2.
- Develop initial project budget and agree detailed cost plan with the Senior Commercial Manager for agreement with the professional team.
- Confirm project insurance arrangements.
- Advise client on procurement routes available.
- Prepare and monitor Bid Package Tender Schedule.
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with value engineering exercises.
- Advise on selection of Works Contractors.
- Attend and if necessary chair meetings with the design team and with works contractors.
- Manage the change process in conjunction with the extended team.
- Instruct accounts to pay subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare ‘rolling' final account throughout project and agree at PC
- Close out financial account and retention releases
- Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Interior directors responsible
- Internal reporting via billing monitors, MCR's and interim CVR's
What do you need:
- Bilingual in German and English is preferable
- This project will suit a Senior Commercial Manager with a professional and proactive manner who has a genuine desire to develop management skills on a project that will incorporate many work activities not often encountered on Interior projects.
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out the Commercial Management role on a large project, £50 M + and its delivery within the time and budget constraints to a high quality.
- Mechanical & Electrical experience
- Preferably previous experience of construction work on existing buildings.
- Recognised qualification in a building related subject