Vacancy: Civils Design Manager
Salary: €75K + package
3D Personnel’s client are leading international specialists in construction, infrastructure, fit-out and asset management with annual revenues of over €300m. It is a privately-owned company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and with offices in London and the Middle East.
3D Personnel’s client has an urgent requirement for a Civils Design Manager to join a team in Dublin office.
The firm employs the best people, invest heavily in training and education to ensure that the highest standards of health, safety and governance are applied throughout the organisation. The company’s clients include some of the world’s leading names in the Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Healthcare, Property and Technology sectors. The firm is known to provide the highest levels of expertise and performance across our key business areas.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of design engineers and structural technicians in the production of complex designs for a range of civils projects across Ireland.
- Play an important role in the winning of new work for the company by using networking skills to build up new contacts across all areas of the industry.
- Stakeholder Management; liaise with consultant engineers, main contractors, subcontractors and suppliers and ensure we are always meeting the expectations of our clients at all times.
- Managing the interface risks and consequential impact to key Stakeholders.
- Peer Review off the design deliverables from any Consultant Engineer to ensure that the design drawings as delivered were in line with the works requirements and were constructible.
- Ensure technical resources are managed effectively by working Programme.
- Co-ordinate design resource.
- Ensure required quality checking/approval procedures are carried out.
- Develop simple, effective technical delivery processes to improve the design deliverables to time/cost/quality.
- Ensure consistency with the other programme areas.
- Liaise and work with construction team.
- Ensure compliance is being adhered to including Environmental compliance.
- Design Management / Lead Design meetings / Lead workshops.
- Required to drive efficiency and technical delivery by providing co-ordination and technical leadership.
- Responsible for driving good health and safety and ensuring that risks are minimised in the design process.
- Track deliverables against schedules – full QA against any received documents.
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Hons degree in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years previous experience in a similar role with a civils main contractor.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well within strict deadlines.
- Ability to drive a large-scale project.
- Further Studies / CPD: Post Grad Diploma in Professional Engineering